Report of the WHO Global Neglected Tropical Diseases Programme partners’ meeting: Geneva, Switzerland,12–13 June 2023
On 12–13 June 2023, at its Geneva headquarters, WHO convened a major symposium of neglected tropical disease (NTD) partners and stakeholders aimed at ensuring that the global NTD community is best placed to respond to the many challenges it faces.
With over 300 participants in person and online, the meeting welcomed broad and diverse engagement from many countries, sectors and institutions within the global NTD community. Frank and forthright discussion was based on an unwavering collective commitment to do all that is possible to rid the world of NTDs.
The meeting produced important action points and outcomes that will help refocus the NTD community on its 2030 road map targets and on the broader health agenda that includes the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals.
WHO partners’ meeting representation:
- Government representatives from health ministries, cooperation agencies and Permanent Missions
- technical and implementing partners
- academia and scientific societies
- pharmaceutical and diagnostic companies
- representatives of national NTD networks
- representatives of patient associations
- UN agencies and other international organizations