The NTD Toolbox is an initiative led by Act to End NTDs | East that seeks to build capacity and understanding of NTD program implementation throughout the global NTD community. It is a collection of tools, resources, training materials, videos, and guidance to be used by NTD program managers and other implementing staff. With the focus on increasing awareness and understanding around programmatic work for Preventative Chemotherapy NTDs, the Toolbox is not a collection of reports, and does not cover materials on Case Management NTDs. The Toolbox consists of the following characteristics:
- Trusted: With tools and resources that are curated and in line with WHO guidance and best practices from national NTD programs.
- Collaborative: Built to be collaborative in nature, pulling resources from across global NTD programs. It includes tools developed by many different groups, including WHO, USAID’s ENVISION Project managed by RTI, and many other organizations.
- Accessible: Designed to be accessible for all NTD program staff, including those in hard to reach areas. Thus, the site was built to support low bandwidth internet connections, with tools and resources translated in up to five languages.
- Adaptive: Maintained and updated with the understanding that global NTD program needs are always changing, with tools, resources, and features that reflect those changes.
- Focus on learning and sustainability: Designed to help foster collective learning, capacity-building, and sustainability of global NTD programs.